Thursday, November 3, 2011

Journal Entry 21: Describe a Place You Know

Write a brief descriptive essay about a place you know very well. Help your readers visualize the place by including details that help them see the setting, smell it, hear it, and perhaps taste it and touch it. Open your description with a topic statement that tells your readers what place you are going to describe and how you feel about it. Then use an organizational scheme for the description: top to bottom, left to right, big to small, most to least important, or least to most important. Whatever scheme you choose, stick to it throughout the description.

The smell of steak and soup makes my mouth water as I hear my mom yelling, "Dinner's ready!". I ran to the dining room and sat on one of the white velvet chairs that are set around a rectangle black table and a crystal chandelier hanging above the table. As I sat down, I realized how cool the room was and found out that the air conditioner was on. The table was empty, and I realized that dinner wasn't ready yet, it was just ALMOST ready. I went into the living room and lay down on the huge, soft, white leather sofa and grabbed the remote control from a small table next to the the sofa. I turned on our TV (which is also quite big) and almost jumped out of the sofa because the speaker next to me almost made me deaf because the sound was so loud (must've bee another one of my sister's jokes). Finally, dinners ready, and my stomach was growling.

No comments:

Post a Comment