Thursday, February 16, 2012

Journal Entry 45: List Poem

In the last journal entry you made a list. Your job is to take the words in that list and use all of them to write your own poem. Your poem can take whatever form you want, as long as it has all the words from the class list. Use your knowledge of poetic elements (figures of speech, rhythm, rhyme, alliteration, assonance, consonance, etc) to connect the words on the list.

My last journal entry includes the words:
Chocolate Cakes :)
McDonald :)
Snacks a few minutes before bed :)
Reading novels while writing homework :)Going back to sleep after my alarm goes off on schooldays :)
Wake up at 12 on weekends :)
Checking Facebook
Chatting on Skype
Gossip magazines :)
TV :)
Shopping.
SUPER-long showers
Buying things I don't need


Fat McDonald food and
all those chocolates cakes I can't withstand.
With some "fat snacks" before bed:
a couple cakes, candies, and chocolate-cream-filled bread.

Ignore my homework and my alarm's screaming,
Wake up at twelve in the "morning".
Watch TV, read magazines,
and staring at my computer screen.

Shopping for things I don't really need,
and checking Skype and my Facebook feeds.
And what's better than taking showers
that last an hour?

Why do things we shouldn't do,
are always the things we love too?
I can't even begin to guess,
but honestly I couldn't hare less.

No comments:

Post a Comment