Thursday, September 22, 2011

Journal Entry 6: Imagine a Place

"Imagine that you arrive in a new town and need a place to stay. You see a sign in a window that says, “Bed and Breakfast.” There are yellow flowers in a vase and green curtains in the window. You go up to the window and look in. Describe what you would expect to see. Is it a welcoming place, or creepy? Are there people? Furniture? Animals? Use specific details to describe what you see. Remember to use all five of your senses."

The whole place looks warm and welcoming, with people all around the place. I smelled barbecue and something sweet from the open window. The whole place is huge with luxurious furniture all made of velvet, and I can hear someone playing the piano on the second floor. I walked through the doors and asked a lady behind a counter if I could stay for the night, and she told me to make myself comfortable while she went to check for any available rooms. I sat on one of the velvet chairs and it was so soft that it felt like a bed. I ate a few pieces of bread that tasted a bit too sweet and some delicious soup. The whole place felt like heaven and it also smelled a bit like roses. When the lady came back, she told me that there are still some rooms that are available, and she also told me the price. When I heard the price, it felt like I just woke up from a perfect dream, because it was way too expensive. As I walked out of there, I was glad that at least I tasted the awesome soup and bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment