Saturday, March 3, 2012

Journal Entry 52: You and Nature

Nineteenth-century writers like John Keats, author of “On the Grasshopper and the Cricket,” shared their ideas and feelings about nature. How do you feel about nature? What do you see in nature that scares or disgusts you? What secnes, creatures, and patterns in nature fill you with wonder and awe? Think about the natural world and write down some of your thoughts.

I've never been particularly fond of nature. I actually really hate insects and a lot of other animals too. I just like to be in nature, but still be safe and distant from other living things. I sometimes like lying down in the grass, but as soon as I think about all the insects and worms crawling around me, and possibly climb into my clothes or something, I'd shudder and jump up as fast as I can. Even though I don't like the creatures in mature, I guess I still like nature. Nature is calming, and whenever I'm surrounded by nature, I feel like there's nothing in the world I should ever worry about. I love feeling the wave makes me sway when I'm in the ocean and I also love how beautiful it is when it snows, the way the whole earth seems to be covered in a white blanket, it's just so magical (and there're no insects!!!). Even though I do dislike some creatures of nature, like birds and their sharp claws, I still admire the way they live their life. They don't need to worry about unnecessary things like their grades and stuff; all they need to worry about is food. And they're so free, no one is telling them what to do and what not to. Although nature may seem beautiful, mysterious, and holy, it still has some scary sides. Like it can flood our homes in seconds with a tsunami or a lot of rain, and make a building topple with the force of an earthquake. Nevertheless, nature is beautiful and should be respected.

No comments:

Post a Comment