Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Journal Entry 56: Lost in the Woods

What would you do if you were suddenly lost in the wilderness? Do you know any survival tactics? How would the environment affect your ability to survive? For example, how would being lost in a forest be different from being lost in a desert? Or in the mountains? Describe the place you are “lost,” and then describe step-by-step what you would do to survive and find your way home.

If I was suddenly lost in the wilderness, I'd panic and then probably scream. After screaming, I'd probably stop and think about everything and the possibility of dying and also how long I might last. I don't know a lot of survival tactics, and I am really, really, really, scared of any insects, seriously, any at all! I think the ideal place to be lost in is somewhere people go camping and left small houses and supplies there. Ha, I know that's pretty lame, but, I don't have much skills. If I was lost in a forest, I'd probably scream every minute because of all the bugs, but I might have a better chance of surviving because there're more resources. If I was lost in a desert though, unless I accidentally find an oasis, I'll be dead in 2 days. If I was lost anywhere while it's snowing, I'd more likely die in 2 hours, because I'll just freeze to death. If I were lost, I would most definitely not make it back to my home. Yes, I know I'm a little pessimist here, but that is just the truth. I, Janet Lin, would never find my way back home if I were lost in the wilderness like Brian.

1 comment:

  1. Haha (not laughing at you, just think this journal is "funny")
    I scream if I was lost in the wilderness, too.
    I think if I was lost in the desert, I will definitely died in 1 day instead of 2 days :P
    anyways....Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete