Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Journal Entry 17: My Hero?

Describe someone who is a hero to you. First describe them in terms of their physical, social, and historical context (what does he/she look like, what are his/her qualities, where and when does/did he/she live). Then explain your relationship to him/her. Is it someone you know personally? Someone you have heard of or seen (such as a historical figure, fictional character, or famous person in the news). How did you find out about this person? Finally, explain why you consider this person a hero. Keep in mind the qualities of a hero that we talked about in class, as well as what you wrote about in your last journal entry.

My hero is my mom! My mom is tall and has no super powers (except making me be more confident of myself or want to kill myself or runaway...), and she's just like a normal mom with a little "higher than usual" expectations. She is a nice woman and is very friendly to all her friends and other parents. I remember there was once when she was yelling at me and I was on the brink of crying and the phone rang, my mom picked up the phone, and said, in a super friendly and cheerful voice, "Hello? Oh, hey! Yeah, I know. Oh! Ha ha ha...", and I was so shocked, thinking, wow, how can she change so fast!? Even though my mom can sometimes be quite scary and expect me to do magnificent things, she is still a nice woman and has helped me through a lot of things. She was the one that introduced me to a swimming, a sport I used to be frightened of, but is now my favorite. She also helped me get rid of my stage-fright. I remember competing in a speech contest, and she made me prepare the speech by saying every single word perfectly and standing in front of the mirror saying my speech again and again until I get everything right or else I can't even go to bed. She also sacrificed a lot of her time trying to teach me math and driving me from one place to another for my classes. She is my hero, and I really hope that I will work this hard for my own kids in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Janet:

    Simply copying the writing prompt does not count as a journal entry. You cannot have credit for this post.

    -M. McCool

    ReplyDelete