Thursday, May 3, 2012

Journal Entry 72: My Tell-Tale Ending

Think about how the story “The Tell-Tale Heart” ends. For most readers it is surprising that the narrator confesses that he murdered the old man. For this journal, assume the role of the narrator and write your own ending starting just after the narrator says “…louder! louder! louder! louder!”

Okay, so here's my ending for the Tell-Tale Heart. I'm not usually the kind of person who likes bloody stuff, but for some reason, this is the first ending I thought of...:

Louder! Louder! Louder! Louder! LOUDER! Dear God!!! "I can not take this anymore! Get out, get out! I said GET OUT!", I yelled loudly at the officers. The officers looked at me with suspicion and started to leave. I tried my best to ignoring the horrible sound and smiled weakly at them, "sorry, I haven't been feeling well lately. I should probably go see a doctor or something..." The officers nodded and told me to go see a doctor soon. As soon as the officers are gone, I shut all the doors and windows, scared that the neighbors would also hear the horrible beating of the old man's heart. Thud, thud, thud, thud... His heart keeps on beating and beating. How is that possible?! I already dislocated his arms and legs and head! How can his heart keep on beating?!?!?! Oh my, is it his soul? Screaming for revenge? Thud, thud, thud, THUD, THUD, THUD... The more I thought about it, the louder his heart seem to be beating. It seems to be yelling, "How can you do this to me? I shall cut off your legs as you did mine. Pull off your murderous arms and cut off your fingers one by one. And then, I shall behead you and pour your blood into the tub as you did mine!!!". The old man kept saying horrible, horrible things. Why, with the vulture eye gone, how can he still so haunting and unbelievably scary. Make it stop! Make him stop! STOP!!!! The voice keeps on taunting me and taunting me. At last, I had no choice but to tried to end this misery by shutting my ears and stopping my heart so I can free myself from this pain. There was no suitable weapon anywhere though! I smashed the huge pane of glass on the old man's wall, and grabbed a jagged piece from the pile of glass. Slowly, the voice starts to fade out as my blood pour out and the carpet slowly turning red. And then, silence.

Oh my god, that was the creepiest thing I've ever written (oooh, and that's so dramatic!). I'm going to have nightmares...

1 comment:

  1. This is so creepy!! But it's a very very good short paragraph! I think you should send this to the publish company and maybe they will put this paragraph into "The Tell-Tale Heart" :))

    ReplyDelete