Friday, May 25, 2012

Journal Entry 82: My Last Journal Entry

This is the last entry you will make for this class this year. Take a moment to reflect on the journal writing you have done. Do you think it has been helpful to you? Why or why not? How does it make you feel to look back on your blog and see all the things you have written about?

I think journal writing has been quite helpful to me, because I get to practice my writing skills without having to care about grammar or spelling or how formal I must write. I've always liked to write things down, especially memorable things. Sometimes, when I'm really mad, I can write a very deep essay and when I go back to read it, I'd be like, "OMG, did I really write that myself?!" I also record significant events that happens in my little notebook or on random scrap paper if I have time. I always laugh when I go back and read them, but I'd miss the old days and how free and pressure-free I was. This journal thing we've been doing all year is just like the writing on random paper thing I do, but just more organized and frequent. Looking back on my blog and seeing all the things I've written makes me see how I've improved, somewhat. And it also makes me feel a little sad. It just reminds me of how grade eight is soon going to end, and I seriously don't want that. What if we're not ready to face high school yet? And, in high school, things will be a lot more complicated and we will have a lot more homework and tests too. What if all of us get separated into little cliques? Because that does happen in high school. Anyways, I really like this journal thing we've been doing for this whole grade, and honestly, I think my journals are sounding more and more like talking (just like in my diaries, or scrap papers), instead of essays. I think when I read this blog in the future, I'd think what was wrong with me, and then miss eighth grade terribly. :'(

3 comments:

  1. AWWWW...
    You are making this so sad :(, JUST KIDDING.
    Can't believe that we've written 82 entries already,
    I still remember me creating a blog for these journal entries and writing my very first journal.
    At least we are always going to have each other in high school : " )
    I AM ASLO GOING TO MISS EIGHTH GRADE TERRIBLY ;(((((

    ReplyDelete
  2. : D Journal writing is really helpful, just like what you said, we don't have to care about grammar mistakes and spelling. Me too, if grade eight is going to end, and that means Dom is leaving and we can't have fun anymore because we have to study a lot in HS. :/ But HS seems kind of fun ;) Hehe, complicated stuffy :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep yep!! Journals are really helpful. I think it's funny about looking back at all the stuff you have written in the journal. It's just makes you want to laugh :)) I will miss grade eight so much!!!! I wish we can stay in grade eight forever :P

    ReplyDelete