Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Journal Entry 74: Below The Surface

Squeaky, the narrator of “Raymond’s Run,” is a tough, smart, funny, streetwise girl with strong opinions. She thinks she can tell what other people are like just from the way they look and talk. Like many of us, so sometimes forgets that there’s much more to people that what appears on the surface. Have you ever been surprised to discover something new about someone? Have you ever felt that you have been judged by someone else by what they see on the surface? How did that make you feel?

I think first impressions are never very accurate, and that's why I just use first impressions as a referance, not absolute. I think I have been quite surprised by some of the things I found out people have done. I never thought they would, but I was only surprised because of other things, but not because of how the person acted so differently from my first impressions of them. I think I thought that person looked nice and has good humor, but instead, she was pretty awful and is a very mean person. She hates people for no reason at all. We were best friends before but after I found out something about her, I hated her and avoided her ever since. I think I have been judge by someone based on what they see on the surface. I don't really think it makes me real mad or anything. Just makes me think they're really silly and stupid for thinking I'm that kind of person. And, I love proving them wrong and make them shocked. Oh, and I've also thought a girl who looked kind of nerdy and annoying was not my type of friend, but turns out she was really nice and kind, so we became pretty good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment